[Monotone-devel] Re: Testsuite status (SoC)

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Testsuite status (SoC)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 01:09:19 -0500

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 23:39 -0500, Timothy Brownawell wrote:
> There is minimal documentation in tester.txt and testsuite.txt now,
> currently only having short descriptions of the available functions.
> I've also fixed a problem where the tester couldn't set env vars
> reliably, and a place where a CVS test was being too fast and confusing
> CVS.
>
> There's some oddness with the testsuite on the distcheck buildbots. I'm
> currently trying to get distcheck to run here, then I'll try to track
> this down.

Everything seems to work now, and all the buildbots except win32 (which
has a longstanding unit_tests failure, and what looks like a
canonicalization issue in one of the new tests) are green.

The new testsuite seems to be "done" now, but some things aren't optimal
yet. In particular I'd like to make tester fairly independent from the
rest of monotone by factoring out sanity.{cc,hh} and dependencies into a
libsanity or similar, and by making tester (and libsanity) not depend on
paths.{cc,hh} or the vocab* files (or constants.{cc,hh}).

So far it looks like sanity and dependencies make very minimal use of
these files, so this shouldn't be (much of) a problem. I'll post again
when I have a better idea of exactly how much would need to be changed.

Tim