Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Nested projects in workspace

From: Daniel THOMPSON
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Nested projects in workspace
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 09:01:18 +0100

Bruce Stephens wrote:
> "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> What we need is to be able to set up projects in subdirectories within
>> the workspace. For example, we need to be able to do:
>>
>>    proj1-dir/dir1
>>             /dir2
>>             /proj2-dir
>>
>> In OpenCM, we identify this case by noticing the presence of a .opencm/
>> subdirectory under the project root directory. This is analogous to the
>> _MTN/ directory in monotone. When we are recursing up to find the
>> project root, we stop at any directory D such that D/.opencm/ exists.
>
> <snip>
> The exception which occasionally hits me is "mtn ls unknown", for
> listing files which I might have forgotten to add: that'll traverse
> into nested workspaces and mention files in those.  I agree it would
> be nicer if monotone had some explicit support for this.

I guess that once again the adventurous can modify the lua hook themselves.

That said I'm working my brain pretty hard to see what harm merging this
behavior into the default lua hook would be. Now _MTN is used (i.e. an
oddball name) I can't think of one.

Also I guess it works both ways, the adventurous, or just plain weird,
can change it back.

--
Daniel Thompson (STMicroelectronics) <address@hidden>
1000 Aztec West, Almondsbury, Bristol, BS32 4SQ. 01454 462659

If a car is a horseless carriage then is a motorcycle a horseless horse?