Re: [Monotone-devel] Error handling via automate

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Error handling via automate
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 10:00:11 +0200

Nathaniel Smith schrieb:
Another possibility in this particular case would be "automate update"
simply require that the caller provide the target revision; then this
error can't happen.  Instead, the caller would go to get the target
for the update, discover there were multiple candidates, and then ask
the user (or whatever) before calling update at all.

Theoretically this is possible, yes, obviously there is the small chance
that between mtn automate heads and mtn automate updates a db
transaction happens, which commits a new head and therefor result in an
update to a (maybe) unwanted revision.
Yes, the chance is very, very small, but I don't feel good about this =)

Thomas.

--
- "I know that I don't know." (Sokrates)
Guitone, a frontend for monotone: http://guitone.berlios.de