Re: [Monotone-devel] Error handling via automate

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Error handling via automate
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:20:52 +0200

Nathaniel Smith wrote:

(In fact 'automate stdio' makes me quite nervous for this reason
already.  I would feel better if part of its contract was that it
would exit after an error, and it was the client's responsibility to
restart it.)

Speaking as someone who's writing something to use automate, I wouldn't have a problem with this strategy. automate stdio optimises for repeated strings of commands. Restarting the process isn't optimal, but it doesn't seem like it's a huge cost in the case of an error.

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.