Re: [Monotone-devel] cvsimport branch reconstruction

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cvsimport branch reconstruction
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:15:43 +0200

Hi,

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
How do you expect it to behave on a repository where certain tags are
moved around regularly,

What do you mean by 'moving tags'? Hand editing RCS files?

where other tags have been "corrected" for
certain files and things like that?

Tags don't pose such a big problem, as long as they can be clearly assigned to a revision, I think.

Does cvsimport care about tags at all?

Yes it does.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure how it does that. I would like it to look for a matching revision. If none can be found, then print an error (possibly with revisions in question) and drop the tag.

In fact, it's the same problem as finding the branch point for a branch.

Regards

Markus