Re: [Monotone-devel] cvsimport branch reconstruction

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cvsimport branch reconstruction
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:33:32 -0700

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 06:02:18PM -0300, Juan Jose Comellas wrote:
> The conversion of my CVS repository to Monotone (with Tailor) is still
> ongoing. I hope it will be finished by tomorrow morning. After that I'l' try
> your branch.

FYI, "mtn cvs_import" should be _much_ faster than tailor.  Also, last
I checked, tailor doesn't import branches at all, while cvs_import
does import them (though it doesn't hook them up to their parent
branches properly, which is what Markus is working on).  So AFAIK
cvs_import is strictly better than tailor (though it is hard to know
for sure, since there's basically no systematic way to test how well a
tool guessed what cvs was thinking).

"But in Middle-earth, the distinct accusative case disappeared from
the speech of the Noldor (such things happen when you are busy
fighting Orcs, Balrogs, and Dragons)."