Re: [Monotone-devel] cvsimport branch reconstruction

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cvsimport branch reconstruction
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:35:12 -0700

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 09:15:43PM +0200, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> >Does cvsimport care about tags at all?
>
> Yes it does.
>
> To be honest, I'm not quite sure how it does that. I would like it to
> look for a matching revision. If none can be found, then print an error
> (possibly with revisions in question) and drop the tag.
>
> In fact, it's the same problem as finding the branch point for a branch.

Another option -- probably more important for branches than for tags,
even, though it applies to both -- is if there is no exact match, then
just find some revision that's close, and commit a new child under it
with the actual beginning of the branch/contents of the tag, and use
that...

Details are all that matters; God dwells there, and you never get to
see Him if you don't struggle to get them right. -- Stephen Jay Gould