Re: [Monotone-devel] Improved Vim Merger

From: Matthew Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Improved Vim Merger
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 23:08:45 -0600

Brian May wrote:
"Matthew" == Matthew Nicholson <address@hidden> writes:

    Matthew> P.S. I am not sure if anyone other then me is using vim
    Matthew> to merge, it seems like a lot of you use real merge tools
    Matthew> (e.g., kdiff3, xxdiff, ...).

vim merge has the advantage (compared with kdiff3 and xxdiff) that it
doesn't require X, so I think it is valuable to keep in monotone.

Having said that, as most of my monotone projects only have one
contributor (myself!) I don't often encounter conflicts...

This change has been committed. I do have some concerns that not having the ancestor available for reference might make some merges more difficult, but further usage will show if this is a valid concern.

--
Matthew Nicholson
matt-land.com