Re: [Monotone-devel] commit ignores _MTN/options keydir

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] commit ignores _MTN/options keydir
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 18:29:17 -0400

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> There are probably other commands that have the same problem. So I
> think the right approach is to change the 'mtn' command in
> lua-testsuite.lua to _not_ specify --keydir, and also change
> 'mtn_setup' to specify --keydir for the 'setup' command. Then all the
> existing tests will use --keydir in a more normal way, and we don't
> have to write new tests for this.
>
> Then there may be other places in other tests that need --keydir, if
> they are not executed in the context of a workspace.
>
> That's a big change, so I'll do it on a branch; n.v.m.experiment.no_keydir

Well, I've finished fixing all the tests to pass on that branch,
except for three. Those three just need more work.

It was educational (I now know more about how Lua works, and how the
netsync tests work :), but I don't think it was useful.

I didn't find the bugs I was hoping to find ('sync' doesn't respect
'keydir' in _MTN/options, doesn't set 'key' in _MTN/options). In fact,
I didn't find any new bugs.

It's possible I changed some tests so they no longer actually test
what they are supposed to. I did not review each test carefully for
this; that would be a _lot_ of work.

So unless someone thinks pursuing this is a good idea, we can declare
this branch dead.

I will add --ssh-sign=no in safe_mtn; that didn't break any tests.

I'll add new tests for the 'sync' bugs I've encountered.

--
-- Stephe