Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn:// sync

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn:// sync
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:55:19 -0500

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 20:12 -0600, Derek Scherger wrote:
> Timothy Brownawell wrote:
> > I've just added support for mtn:// URLs for push/pull/sync. They look
> > like mtn://server?include&!exclude , I chose this over something like
>
> I'm not entirely clear on what this means. I would expect something like
> mtn://server?include=pattern&exclude=pattern I think. Is this what you
> mean? Perhaps an example url or two would help. Maybe just the "!" in
> your example above is confusing me.

mtn sy monotone.ca nvm* --exclude nvm.experiment*

would become

mtn sy mtn://monotone.ca?nvm*&!nvm.experiment*

"sync with monotone.ca, include 'nvm*' and do not include
'nvm.experiment*'"

The query string is split at '&', with the parts being include or
exclude patterns based on whether there's a leading '!'.

> Personally, I think I'd be fine with this replacing the
> --include/--exclude options as long as I don't have to do my own url
> encoding.

That shouldn't be needed unless your branch names have funny things like

...hm, we actually don't do urldecoding right now. I suppose that should
be added in case people want to use those funny characters, or want to
have other special characters and urlencode them based on whether they
ought to be urlencoded rather than whether they'll not work.