Re: [Monotone-devel] fatal: std::logic_error: roster_merge.cc:528: invar

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] fatal: std::logic_error: roster_merge.cc:528: invariant 'I(left_name == right_name)' violated
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:25:00 +1100

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
Good question. Normally, i.e. with out the renaming of the parent directory, the left_name would of course equal the right_name, both were "foo/x". Due to the renaming, it's more like "bar/x" and "foo/x", but monotone still knows "bar" and "foo" are the same directory, historically.

I don't understand this; I thought Monotone only considered two file/dir to be the same if they shared a common ancestor. In this case, it would appear both files have different ancestors, and the filenames are different at the time of merge, so I don't see why they should conflict.

Brian May