Re: [Monotone-devel] fatal: std::logic_error: roster_merge.cc:528: invar

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] fatal: std::logic_error: roster_merge.cc:528: invariant 'I(left_name == right_name)' violated
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 20:58:05 -0400

Markus Schiltknecht <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Thomas Keller wrote:
>> I translated "name" to the German word for "entry", so an improved
>> message could be
>> conflict: duplicate entry 'x' in the directory
>>            named 'bar' on the left and
>>            named 'foo' on the right.
>
> Hm.. I'm not sure I consider that an improvement. One can argue that
> those are in fact *different* entries (node ids), but just happen to
> have conflicting *names*.

I think you need to explicitly say that the directory has been
renamed.

That's what 'automate show_conflicts' will do here.

How about:

conflict: duplicate filename 'x' in the directory
            named 'bar' (renamed from 'foo') on the left and
            named 'foo' on the right.

>> This was already merged into head, AFAIK.
>
> Aha, cool, thanks.

but see the n.v.m.automate_show_conflict branch

--
-- Stephe