Re: [Monotone-devel] fatal: std::logic_error: roster_merge.cc:528: invar

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] fatal: std::logic_error: roster_merge.cc:528: invariant 'I(left_name == right_name)' violated
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 15:45:38 +0100

Hi,

Derek Scherger wrote:
I also think that "in the directory" is much better than the earlier "for the directory" myself. The latter hints that the directory is in conflict, rather than the thing in the directory.

Yeah, right. That's one of the nitty gritty details only a native speaker can really get right, I think...

One minor nit. I did make a rather painstaking effort in the improved messages to issue them one per line, rather than the multi-line message (with embedded newlines) below. I haven't given this one much thought yet and I'm not overly attached to the current formatting but if you look over all of the other messages in the roster_merge.cc conflict stuff you'll hopefully pick up on the general theme. I'll have a look myself too and see if I can come up with an improvement. In general I would really like to keep all of the conflict messaging consistent, if possible.

Oh, I didn't know that. But yeah, consistent messaging would be very nice. I was just concerned about the invariant and didn't think too much about the error messages. Feel free to improve it!

Regards

Markus