Re: [Monotone-devel] fatal: std::logic_error: roster_merge.cc:528: invar

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] fatal: std::logic_error: roster_merge.cc:528: invariant 'I(left_name == right_name)' violated
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:16:45 +0100

Hi,

Zbynek Winkler wrote:
 conflict: duplicate name 'x' for the directory

           named 'bar' on the left and
           named 'foo' on the right.

That suggests (at least to me) there is a conflict in the name of the
directory and not in a name within the directory. But it could be that
I am not a native English speaker.

I'm not one either. :D

Yeah, that message is confusing. The whole issue is, because we normally give directories names. And directories with different names are different directories for us. Monotone has node ids, we don't...

I'm open to suggestions for better wordings. (And I think there's a whole branch dedicated to improve these non-content confilct (ncc) error messages. Or at least there was some recent discussion.)

Regards

Markus