Re: [Monotone-devel] url schemes

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] url schemes
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 19:45:21 +0100

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> Hm.. sounds very similar to what I've been trying... nice to hear you
> also like twisted as much :-)
>
> Do you mind enclosing the URL scheme you are using here? I would very
> much like to get something together, which would serve many use cases
> (i.e. dumb servers, an automate API, nuskool, maybe even xmpp..).

Of course. However, I retain the right to change them if they turn out to be
not as useful as I thought :) This is what is currently working (modulo bugs,
of course).

  /revision/REV_ID
  /manifest/REV_ID
  /certs/REV_ID
  /file/FILE_ID (raw)
  /branches
  /tags
  /revisions/leaves
  /revisions/roots
  /revisions/parents/REV_ID
  /revisions/children/REV_ID
  /revisions/ancestors/REV_ID
  /revisions/descendants/REV_ID
  /revisions/select/SELECTOR
  /ancestry
  /version
  /cmd/COMMAND/ARG1/ARG2/... (raw)

Everything not marked with "(raw)" is served using a json response. Slashes in
the SELECTOR (and the ARGs) have to be url-escaped (%2F).

The /cmd/COMMAND url simply passes through automate commands, mainly for
debugging and easy access to mtn content using a browser. It cannot handle
options, and is likely to disappear again.

Note that while the urls are easy changeable, actually thoughts also have to
be put in the design of the json responses that replace the basic_io output
of mtn (for revisions, manifests, certs, etc.).

Regards,
Thomas