Re: [Monotone-devel] url schemes

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] url schemes
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 20:45:38 +0100

Hi,

Thomas Moschny wrote:
Of course. However, I retain the right to change them if they turn out to be not as useful as I thought :)

Hehe.. :-)

  /revision/REV_ID
  /manifest/REV_ID
  /certs/REV_ID
  /file/FILE_ID (raw)
  /branches
  /tags
  /revisions/leaves
  /revisions/roots
  /revisions/parents/REV_ID
  /revisions/children/REV_ID
  /revisions/ancestors/REV_ID
  /revisions/descendants/REV_ID
  /revisions/select/SELECTOR
  /ancestry
  /version
  /cmd/COMMAND/ARG1/ARG2/... (raw)

Everything not marked with "(raw)" is served using a json response. Slashes in the SELECTOR (and the ARGs) have to be url-escaped (%2F).

Very nice. Really similar to what I have in mind. With the revisions, I remember doing something more like:

 /revision/$REVID/manifest
 /revision/$REVID/ancestors

And I started with:

 /branch/$BRANCHNAME/heads

Note that while the urls are easy changeable, actually thoughts also have to be put in the design of the json responses

Right.

that replace the basic_io output of mtn (for revisions, manifests, certs, etc.).

Replace? You mean you would completely replace the basic_io format with a json based one? Or are you speaking of the format for transmission exclusively?

Regards

Markus