Re: [Monotone-devel] [bug #29576] mtn tries to rewrite options file eve

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [bug #29576] mtn tries to rewrite options file every time
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 13:14:15 -0600

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Derek Scherger <address@hidden> wrote:
How about something simple:just before writing out a new _MTN/options read in the current one and see if there is any difference between what is about to be written and what is already written, then only write out new options if there are *actual* changes. This should be entirely compatible with what we do now, but will avoid affecting the last modification time when nothing is actually changed.

Fixed inĀ 5f00cba58b8c3feb72d6de28e94610a42e30465b. This has been bugging me for a while too so thanks for the motivation Jack.

Editing _MTN/options in emacs is all but impossible because emacs checks the mtime on the buffer and it's almost always modified, I assume the old school emacs VC integration is calling status frequently although I haven't confirmed this.

Now all I need is for gentoo to update their monotone package so I can get my various machines updated...

Cheers,
Derek