Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 21:46:15 -0600

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:
I've just talked with Thomas Moschny on IRC and I listened again to his
and other people's concerns about switching too fast to 1.0. I think the
concerns are reasonable, so we've discussed this issue and concluded the
following:

* The next version of monotone will be named 0.99 and will be the last
 version before the final 1.0.0 is out

I agree with the general concern that we've had a few branches land lately. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to hear some screaming when people start using the new changelog editor functionality for example. Also, restrictions have been changed a bit, diff has also changed slightly, etc.

Hopefully these changes are all good and generally liked, but the idea of changing a bunch of behaviour and then releasing 1.0 shortly afterwards seems a bit questionable.

Cheers,
Derek