Re: [Monotone-devel] is monotone for me?

From: Patrick Georgi
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] is monotone for me?
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:21:11 +0200

Am 27.06.2010 08:12, schrieb Gour:
> Fortunately, I found out about git-export using fast-import mechanism,
> but I wonder if there is any plan for git-import to make it easier to
> convert from {darcs,git,hg} which support by fast-import/export
> mechanism?
I used to work on mtn-fast-import, which interprets the git-fast-import
format and creates a monotone repository from it.
I didn't work on export due to lack of need, and dropped work on it in
favor of hg2mtn, which directly uses hg metadata (which is less lossy
than hg->git->mtn) which was my primary concern.

I put up the code at https://code.georgi-clan.de/p/hg2mtn/ but didn't
test/use it in a long time. Feel free to try it, and to report issues.
I'm also on IRC (irc.oftc.net, #monotone), but I might be a bit slow to
react for the next two weeks.

Regards,
Patrick