Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone man page

From: Aaron W. Hsu
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone man page
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 22:29:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hey Thomas,

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010, Thomas Keller wrote:

Am 21.06.10 00:47, schrieb Thomas Keller:

I've just pushed some initial work to nvm.man-page to let monotone
auto-generate its own man page [...]

What do others think? Is it worthwhile to go down this route any further?

I am surprised that so few people have commented. Am I the only person
who prefers man pages to info manuals? I actually have never used
Monotone's info pages in their native form.

I haven't yet looked deeply into mandoc, but from what I've read I'm not
totally convinced to use this dubbed "superior" format already if the
"old" format simply works for now and is wildly accepted. Also I don't
know what the status of mdoc is outside of the BSD world...

Groff supports mdoc and an (man) macros. Some packages use mdoc and
others use man. Man(7) is the predominent macro package for Linux man
pages. That seems to be mostly a historical thing.

  Aaron W. Hsu