[Monotone-devel] Re: monotone man page

From: Gour
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone man page
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 07:58:39 +0200

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 23:13:59 +0200
>>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:

Thomas> What do others think? Is it worthwhile to go down this route
Thomas> any further?

Have you thought about using Pandoc?

(http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/)

It enables you to use one source (e.g. markdown/reST) and then convert
to plethora of formats.

From the homepage: "Pandoc can read markdown  and (subsets of)
reStructuredText, HTML, and LaTeX, and it can write plain text,
markdown, reStructuredText, HTML, LaTeX, ConTeXt, PDF, RTF, DocBook
XML, OpenDocument XML, ODT, GNU Texinfo, MediaWiki markup, groff man
pages, and S5 HTML slide shows. PDF output (via LaTeX) is also
supported with the included markdown2pdf wrapper script."

Here I plan to use it to write markdown (or reST) and then generate
user manual docs via sphinx and gt PDF as well.

You can generate Texinfo which is presently used by monotone.

(I do not like Asciidoc since it involves DocBook toolchain...)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6