[Monotone-devel] Re: monotone man page

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone man page
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 09:46:31 +0200

Aaron W. Hsu wrote:
> I am surprised that so few people have commented. Am I the only person
> who prefers man pages to info manuals? I actually have never used
> Monotone's info pages in their native form.

Oh, I do actively hate info pages and (almost) never use them.
Sometimes, in case of dire need, I resort to pinfo to use them, that at
least has the sort-of-known-to-me hotkey set of lynx.

So, I'm happy if monotone grows a manpage, but OTOH using
"mtn help <specific command>" is easier to read, since it's already in
the correct point of the (etherwise long) text.

But of course the man page could explain more stuff than commands, and
that wouldn't have an easy place in the executable itself.

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's
supposed to do.” (Robert A. Heinlein, "Waldo & Magic, Inc.", 1950)