Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: is monotone for me?

From: CooSoft Support
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: is monotone for me?
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:10:32 +0100

Yup that is an understatement - one of the reasons why I was attracted to the project... When the biggest cause of corruption seems to be faulty RAID hardware then you know that you are onto a winner.

I did some tests, with the aide of one of the developers, to simulate corruption (I was worried about faulty desktop disks corrupting other databases on sync). It was damn difficult to get it past the local mtn process without it detecting it and then pretty much impossible (I never got it to sync with a corrupted db - but very difficult to prove a negative etc) to get it past the sync stage :-).