Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: is monotone for me?

From: CooSoft Support
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: is monotone for me?
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 22:41:50 +0100

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I used to run mtn on a SPARC server at work. The database was 1.5GB ~50000 revisions ~3000 branches and ~10000 tags. It was very easy to set up and maintain. It pretty much ran itself. The server had 4GB of memory and it never got close to using that (maybe ~1GB during a big sync). No issues really. Sync performance could be slow but that is related to the number of branch tags you sync against and not the number of revisions. I used to keep up to date on the release branch and that would check and sync ~45000 revisions in 15 or so seconds (on SPARC hardware so not high performance). It has proved to be totally reliable and other areas are looking into possibly using it. It has got a very clean cli and most tools are available cross platform (and we have used these as well).

Incidentally they are still happily using monotone, but I have moved jobs and hence the past tense above! :-)

   Cheers,

   Tony.
Gour wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 14:57:25 +0200