[Monotone-devel] Re: is monotone for me?

From: Gour
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: is monotone for me?
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 07:29:13 +0200

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 22:41:50 +0100
>>>>>> "CooSoft" == CooSoft Support <address@hidden> wrote:

CooSoft>     Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I used to run mtn
CooSoft> on a SPARC server at work. The database was 1.5GB ~50000
CooSoft> revisions ~3000 branches and ~10000 tags. It was very easy to
CooSoft> set up and maintain. It pretty much ran itself. The server had
CooSoft> 4GB of memory and it never got close to using that (maybe ~1GB
CooSoft> during a big sync). No issues really. Sync performance could
CooSoft> be slow but that is related to the number of branch tags you
CooSoft> sync against and not the number of revisions.

Thank you for sharing...However, although I've 8GB on my desktop
machine, my server abilities are in the MB domain. :-)

For now, my best bet is to see Monotone support at Indefero and
becoming free from admin my own server for the code.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6