Re: [Monotone-devel] Please review nvm.man-page

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Please review nvm.man-page
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 08:14:50 -0400

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> For MinGW testing, I commented out the isatty check, so it always dumps
> the troff source. The tests/manpage test passes.
>
> Reading the output with 'man mtn' in a Cygwin bash shell works, and with
> 'M-x man mtn' in Emacs.

As another test, I commented out the 'isatty' check, but made it always
run the interactive command. Running in a Cygwin shell with nroff and
less in path, that gave:

bash-3.2$ ./mtn man
'nroff' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
mtn: fatal: error: ../monotone.man-page/cmd.cc:927: I(fprintf(fp,
ss.str().c_str()) != -1)
mtn: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.

I was thinking the simplest fix for MinGW not having 'isatty' would be
to use --interactive to control whether the nroff source was output, or
the interactive command is run. But that seems to be a bad idea.

--
-- Stephe