[Monotone-devel] [IMPORTANT] Commit access and project setup

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] [IMPORTANT] Commit access and project setup
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:38:50 +0200

Hi all!

I'm inviting all developers and contributors to register an account on
the new indefero setup we've created at the temporary URL

  http://code.mtnserv.thomaskeller.biz

(becomes later http://code.monotone.ca). Since project and commit
permissions are handled in the background by indefero, everybody who
wants to KEEP his current commit rights MUST follow the following procedure.

So, after you've created and activated your account, click on your name
beside "Welcome" on the upper left, then on "Update your account" on the
right and paste your public (and only the public!) key part of your
key(s) into the textarea and hit save. I'll regularily check for newly
created accounts there and will add known people to the "monotone" project.

On a slightly related note - we plan to separate different projects on
this setup a bit, also to provide each project with their own wiki,
bugtracker, review and / or download area. Right now I am aware of the
following (active) projects we have in our current monotone.ca instance:

  monotone (nvm{,.*})
  monotone-viz (net.venge.monotone-viz{,.*})
  viewmtn (net.angrygoats.viewmtn{,.*})
  mtn-browse (nvm.contrib.mtn-browse)
  Montone::AutomateStdio (nvm.contrib.lib.automate-stdio{,.*})
  guitone (nvm.guitone{,.*})
  usher (nvm.contrib.usher{,.*})
  webhost (nvm.contrib.webhost)
  TracMonotone (nvm.trac-plugin{,.*})
  www.monotone.ca (nvm.web{,.*})

I'd like to ask the maintainers of these projects if they want a
separate project in indefero to manage it there. If not - for example
because the project has already its own server and tool setup like
TracMonotone - I propose we set up some "collection" pseudo project
where all the remaining individual projects are pushed / mirrored. This
might be needed anyways to keep abandoned code like nvm.monotree visible
(which is not part of the list above).

Thanks for reading,
Thomas.