Re: [Monotone-devel] [IMPORTANT] Commit access and project setup

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [IMPORTANT] Commit access and project setup
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 14:58:51 +0200

Am 22.09.2010 14:45, schrieb Markus Wanner:
> Hi,
>
> On 09/22/2010 01:52 PM, Thomas Keller wrote:
>> It is, but some mails might be blocked in case you're behind a
>> restrictive mail server with sender verification or other anti-spam
>> techniques in place. I have activated your account and will send you
>> your password via PM.
>
> Okay, thanks, works fine now.
>
> Are you planning to move any other service to that server? Like mailing
> lists or some such? Or is this registration mail the only type of email
> I (n)ever get from that system?

More services are moved over there, though its unlikely that mailing
list subscriptions will use the IDF account right from the start (unless
IDF gains LDAP support this fall and we go through the hassle and setup
an LDAP server on the new node - I won't do that though because I just
don't have the expertise in this area - but if others want to do that,
welcome!)

Primarily for now this login will be useful for accessing / editing
stuff in the bug tracker (this f.e. sends mails in case of new
comments), viewing the mtn history and letting you self-manage the
monotone public keys with which you want to access the registered
projects there. If you're starting with another monotone-related project
this setup could furthermore serve you as management suite for your
project - in this case just drop one of the admins a note and we'll set
you up. Accounts are of course shared among all projects.

Thomas.