Re: [Monotone-devel] Improving documentation

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Improving documentation
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 04:19:22 -0400

"Aaron W. Hsu" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 21:01:53 -0400, Richard Levitte
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Do you have any ideas to share in that regard?
>
> I would group all pattern related items under the commands,

For example, on
http://www.monotone.ca/docs/Command-Reference.html#Command-Reference ,
you would like to see "Revision Selectors" similar to "Global and Common
Options"?

I think that would make sense.

Would cross-references (see my other email) also be helpful?

> since I do not think of branch patterns or selectors as advanced.

I agree that simple selectors (like w:) are not advanced, but there are
more advanced selectors that get quite complicated.

But that can be handled by making 'composite selectors' a subsection,
rather than just a heading.

--
-- Stephe