Re: [Monotone-devel] New branch name with no other changes

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] New branch name with no other changes
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 04:24:35 -0400

He said "it worked fine" :)

> What you'r forgetting, by the way, is that approve will not place the
> workspace in the new branch, so the next commit after that will end up
> in the original branch.

That is my process; I always create a new branch by adding a cert to an
existing revision, then checkout the branch into a new workspace, while
the current workspace remains on the original branch.

I maintain a strict correlation between workspace directory name and
branch name; I _never_ change the branch in an existing workspace (I
just find that confusing, and I often want to diff between branches to
see what has changed).

As Tony said, "with monotone you get to choose" :).

--
-- Stephe