Re: [Monotone-devel] New branch name with no other changes

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] New branch name with no other changes
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 11:13:11 -0400

CooSoft Support <address@hidden> writes:

>    One thought I had is that it would be nice to have the ability to
> specify a site wide/system wide LUA file so that you could set it up
> in one place and all users would by default pick it up. Rather like
> Emacs's site.el file.

I do that by putting

    dofile("/Projects/emacs_stephe.main/emacs_stephe/mtn_hooks.lua")

in everyone's ~/.monotone/monotonerc. /Projects/emacs_stephe.main is in
a mtn workspace (of course :)

> Or can one do that now anyway?

Not in mtn itself.

We could also load /etc/monotonerc, and that could be a symlink to a mtn
workspace.

What would the equivalent path on Windows be? The equivalent of
~/.monotone/monotonerc is

c:/Documents and Settings/Stephe Leake/Application Data/monotone/monotonerc

so I guess /etc/monotonerc would be

c:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/monotone/monotonerc

Windows doesn't do symlinks, but 'dofile' is close enough.

--
-- Stephe