Re: [Monotone-devel] [bug #30065] MAXPATHLEN breaks builds on GNU/Hurd

From: Francis Russell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [bug #30065] MAXPATHLEN breaks builds on GNU/Hurd
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 13:52:22 +0100

On 07/06/10 13:59, Francis Russell wrote:

> netxx/serverbase.cxx uses MAXPATHLEN as its buffer size. MAXPATHLEN and
> PATH_MAX aren't required to be defined under Posix and aren't in GNU/Hurd as
> it has no upper bound on paths. See here:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/community/gsoc/project_ideas/maxpath.html

Anyone feel like taking a look at this? It would nice to have monotone
building under Hurd in Debian. I could simply create a patch that
replaces MAXPATHLEN with 4096 in src/netxx/serverbase.cc since 4096 is
assumed as the maximum path length in both src/{win32,unix}/fs.cc.

However, I think it would be much nicer to have this fixed upstream, and
it looks like getcwd could be wrapped in something that returns a
success condition and a string and works by dynamically resizing a
buffer until getcwd succeeds or fails for a reason other than ERANGE.

Francis