Re: Forwarding email

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: Forwarding email
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2023 09:42:30 +0100

Hi Arthur,

> I have been advised, and have tried using:
>
>     forw -mime 5
>
> where 5 is the number of the email I am trying to forward.
>
> This gets me:
>
>     From: aalinovi@riseup.net
>     cqc:
>     Fcc: +outbox
>     Subject: Welcome to your The New York Times Replica Edition (fwd)
>     --------
>     #forw [forwarded message] +/home/slaurel/Mail/nytimes 5
>
> No draft to edit.

What you've shown us above is the draft.  If you wish, you may alter
what's after the ‘--------’ to be the body text of your email as normal.
Just leave the ‘#forw...’ line at the end.

> Sending this gets me an email with that one line:
>
>     #forw [forwarded message] +home/slaurel/Mail/nytimes 5
>
> and nothing else.

That's because the draft isn't being processed by mhbuild(1).  I assume
you're seeing the whatnow(1) prompt and are using that to send the
email?  Before you send it, enter ‘mime’ to have whatnow run mhbuild.
This will alter the draft.  (You can see the change by entering ‘edit’
at the same prompt to return to the editor.  Exit the editor without
making changes.)  Send the email in the same way as before.

--
Cheers, Ralph.