Re: Request for running compare_plot_demos

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Request for running compare_plot_demos
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 13:10:41 +0100

On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 3:01 AM Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
Bug #48519 which prevented running all of the plots with the qt toolkit has
been fixed.

Could someone run compare_plot_demos with qt, fltk, and Matlab and then
report where to find the results?

--Rik

Thank you for taking so much time and effort on these bugs!  Here some small contribution to this.  It really took a while (about 2 Hours) but here we go (openSUSE 15.0; Octave 5.0.1 [hg-id_6657213145e5] with gnuplot, fltk, qt, and Matlab R2018b):

The Matlab script "dump_plot_demos" generated by "compare_plot_demos" is 17k lines long and Matlab refuses to run it:

   Error: File: dump_plot_demos.m Line: 1 Column: 1
   The input was too complicated or too big for MATLAB to parse.

Thus I needed to comment the halve, ran it, commented the other halve, ran it again, and finally merged the diary-outputs.
Additionally, four times the double parenthesis indexing ()() was used, which is not supported by Matlab. I split those occurrences in two statements.

Anyways, the results look very convincing!  Can we put this on the website after the release maybe? ;-)

Best,
Kai