palito-dev

Re: [palito-dev] Knock knock?

From: zed
Subject: Re: [palito-dev] Knock knock?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 08:51:23 -0300

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 03:04:07PM -0700, Mark Storer wrote:
> I admit, I'm vaguely interested in development.  But I've also
> got a pet project or two of my own, and working on Palito would
> take away what little time they get.

who doesn't ;)

> I just finished a game programming night course at a local
> community college.  The advanced students had the whole semester
> to come up with just about anything they wanted.  My project
> uses boost_1_31_0 and DirectX 8.0, an odd combination.        That's
> the latest and greatest from www.boost.org, and an older version
> of DirectX.  No sound, pathetic-but-present scoring/health
> display (GDI calls in a directX app: flicker), only one enemy
> type, and "programmer art".

boost is great, I am also developing a physics prototype
with boost an opengl ... and, no surprise you are using dx8,
the whole dx9 thing is just too modern to be decently
supported by most user's cards.

> I'd give you a link if I had the thing on the web.  My ISP
> offers 10mb of free space, I just might make use of it.  I was
> thinking about just sending it out as an attachment to the list,
> but my manners got the better of me.
>
> The .zip is 218k.  Anyone interested?

send a link if you can, I will try to take a look.
(I am on linux, but it may work on wine)

Carlo Caputo
Palito Team

PS: hey, Mike! I am alive too :>

we have been setting up the project on our own server,
it would be better to keep backups and homepage..
I am studying now how will be the cvs access,
but seems that barrett is already convinced to use it :)