pgubook-readers

[Pgubook-readers] Excellent book!

From: roger
Subject: [Pgubook-readers] Excellent book!
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 22:12:01 -0400

I've been studying C (and some Assembly) (for the longest time).  I've
used Bash, Basic, COBOL, in my early years.

This book picks up where the C book(s) leave you completely hanging and
wondering "Why???" with required syntax of source code.

A nice compliment to the book was the inclusion of how to use GDB, as
well as the information packed appendixes!

The book also provides several links to additional data within the
chapter readings.

I also started learning Randall's HLA, however, I'm a die hard linux
user and wanted to learn assembly the GNU way!

Another pro, the book is only ~320 pages (or ~200 pages without
appendixes, etc).  However, packed with data and provides basically the
stuff left out of other C books.  This book can also be geared to
computers users just learning programming as well.  The first chapter
starts off with just the basics and quickly goes deeper into Assembly.

I just have one question, even though I read your recommended reading
list, which books would you recommend for those that want to jump into
kernel development?

--

Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html