pgubook-readers

Re: [Pgubook-readers] Excellent book!

From: Jonathan Bartlett
Subject: Re: [Pgubook-readers] Excellent book!
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 11:05:46 -0700 (PDT)

> This was truly an excellent book.

Thanks!

> My C book now makes much much more sense.  In the C book, they were only
> stating, "You must do this this way because it looks cool this way."

Yeah.  I found that there is a totally different viewpoint that people
take to programming languages when they have learned assembly language
first.  In fact, the reason I wrote the book wasn't so much to teach
people assembly language as it was to teach people the languages they use
now.

> The reference material at the rear of the book is really valuable too.

Is there anything you would add to it?

> I think this book should be required reading material for any
> introductory programming language course.

Now _that_ would be nice (for me, anyway).  If you have any suggestions,
I'm all ears.  Tell your friends!

Jon