Re: [rdiff-backup-users] AF_UNIX path too long

From: Troels Arvin
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] AF_UNIX path too long
Date: 15 Jan 2003 12:44:01 +0100

Hello,

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 09:49, dean gaudet
<address@hidden> wrote:

> freebsd 4.5 has strace right?  or is it ktrace?

It's ktrace, combined with kdump, it seems.

> anyhow, try backing up the socket on its own and doing strace or ktrace on
> your rdiff-backups

Good idea. This revealed that on the FreeBSD box (backup host), even
root is not permitted to create sockets under certain (to me unknown)
conditions. E.g. "cp -R /var/run/log /root" fails with an "access
denied"-like error message.

I'll contact the FreeBSD server admin and try to find a solution.
Otherwise, I may have to move the backup duties to another host (running
Linux).

Thanks for your help.

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark