Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Wiki update: list of public services

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Wiki update: list of public services
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 15:12:40 -0700

Karl Berry wrote:
>     1. How is SSH authentication handled ? I couldn't find
>     "AuthorizedKeysExec" in "dl:/etc/ssh/sshd_config"
>
> It is there, at the end of the file.
>
> $ tail /etc/ssh/sshd_config
> ..
> AuthorizedKeysExec /usr/local/bin/sv_get_authorized_keys
> UsePAM yes

Additionally there is:

File /etc/nsswitch.conf with:

  passwd:         compat mysql
  group:          compat mysql
  shadow:         compat mysql

That is how libc is configured.  'compat' means /etc/passwd in the
normal compatible way.  'mysql' means if not found in the first compat
section then look it up in mysql.  That is what allows libc to find
users in the mysql database.

  download:~# getent passwd rwp
  rwp:x:65821:1003:Bob Proulx:/srv:/usr/local/bin/sv_membersh

And so on for the rest of the account databases.

> Wish all mysteries were so easy to solve :).

Keep dreaming! :-)

Bob