Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Wiki update: list of public services

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Wiki update: list of public services
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 23:41:27 GMT

    1. How is SSH authentication handled ?

I don't know.  Maybe through pam somehow?  Can peruse ...

    2. "dl:/etc/default/rsync" has this:
          RSYNC_OPTS='--address=199.232.41.75'
    Is this a left-over from an old server, or is it used for something?

That's a gnu.org address (cname for rev-c41-75.gnu.org), but there's no
forward dns A record for it now.  I imagine it used to be dl's public
interface, when it also had a 10.x interface.  Then it was necessary to
tell rsync to use the public interface.

So, I think the option can be removed.  I wonder if rsync is logging
somewhere that it's being told to use a nonexistent interface now ...

thanks,
karl