Re: Reply to header

From: Tom von Schwerdtner
Subject: Re: Reply to header
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 14:59:55 -0500

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 14:53 -0800, Buddy Burden wrote:
David,

> Double replies occur only, if the author is a subscriber.
>
> So on lists, where anyone can post ( like LKML ) , Reply-To:
> would be bad ( becuase the original author would not get a reply,
> unless you add him manually ).
>
> On lists, where only subscribers can post, Reply-To: might be good.

Fair enough.  Which type are we?

Subscribers only.  This should probably be advertised somewhere.

Personally, sending an email to a list I wasn't subscribed to would
never even occur to me.  It would be like posting to a newsgroup I never
read: roughly akin to shouting a question off the side of a cliff then
walking away.  But perhaps that's just me. :)

I have to admit it is a toss up.   I set this list to "subscribers only" because I get enough spam as it is (some from open lists, which I find especially annoying).  However it is sometimes annoying to have to subscribe to a mailing list just to ask 1 question about the subject matter.

Regards,
Tom

Tom von Schwerdtner
Etria, LLP - www.etria.com