Re: updating the build

From: William Pursell
Subject: Re: updating the build
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:44:22 +0000

Christian Ebert wrote:
> * William Pursell on Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 19:09:46 +0000
>> I've succesfully built with default settings on OSX/i386,
>> freeBSD 6.3/i386 and netBSD/sparc64.  These are all BSD
>> leaning, so I would appreciate feedback from anyone on
>> the build on other platforms.    The git repository is at:
>> address@hidden:wrp/wscreen.git in branch wrp.  To build,
>> one must have gnulib installed with gnulib-tool in the
>> PATH, and autoconf 2.63.251.  Or, grab the tarball
>> from http://www.wpursell.net/screen and the autoconf
>> and gnulib dependencies are removed.
>
> Do you have your own gnulib installed on OSX/i386? atm I'd have
> to grab it just for wscreen ;-)

Yes, I just clone the git repo for gnulib to $HOME/gnulib
and put $HOME/gnulib in my path.  There are probably
more appropriate methods, but that works.

 Did you already solve the
> utmp/utmpx issue?

I'm not sure what you mean by "the utmp/utmpx issue".  I
get warnings that 'utmp is deprecated' but haven't
noticed any runtime issues.  (However, I don't
stress test much)

--
William Pursell