Re: updating the build

From: William Pursell
Subject: Re: updating the build
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 17:54:14 +0000

Christian Ebert wrote:
> * William Pursell on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 18:44:22 +0000
>> Christian Ebert wrote:
>>> Do you have your own gnulib installed on OSX/i386? atm I'd have
>>> to grab it just for wscreen ;-)
>> Yes, I just clone the git repo for gnulib to $HOME/gnulib
>> and put $HOME/gnulib in my path.  There are probably
>> more appropriate methods, but that works.
>
> Or grabbing your snapshot ;-) Thanks for explaining though. So
> this is just a compile-time dependency?

It's a bootstrap time dependency.  You need to run gnulib-tool
prior to autoreconf, both of which are run by autogen.sh. If
you have a distribution tarball, those things have already
happened.

>>> Did you already solve the utmp/utmpx issue?
>> I'm not sure what you mean by "the utmp/utmpx issue".  I
>> get warnings that 'utmp is deprecated' but haven't
>> noticed any runtime issues.  (However, I don't
>> stress test much)
>
> ATM you can't use deflogin on or call screen -ln (ie. it has not
> effect). The Apple patches just turn off the whole login code.
> Plus, even with deflogin off, I get:
>
> /var/run/utmp: No such file or directory
>
> when exiting screen. -- Personally I'm not in desperate need for
> these things to work (cleanly), I just thought you'd have
> something up your sleeve concerning this.

No, I don't even have sleeves ;)  At this point, I'm not
planning on making changes to code.  I'd rather focus
on putting together a test suite.

--
William Pursell