Re: updating the build

From: Christian Ebert
Subject: Re: updating the build
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:26:49 +0100

* William Pursell on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 18:44:22 +0000
> Christian Ebert wrote:
>> Do you have your own gnulib installed on OSX/i386? atm I'd have
>> to grab it just for wscreen ;-)
>
> Yes, I just clone the git repo for gnulib to $HOME/gnulib
> and put $HOME/gnulib in my path.  There are probably
> more appropriate methods, but that works.

Or grabbing your snapshot ;-) Thanks for explaining though. So
this is just a compile-time dependency?

>> Did you already solve the utmp/utmpx issue?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "the utmp/utmpx issue".  I
> get warnings that 'utmp is deprecated' but haven't
> noticed any runtime issues.  (However, I don't
> stress test much)

ATM you can't use deflogin on or call screen -ln (ie. it has not
effect). The Apple patches just turn off the whole login code.
Plus, even with deflogin off, I get:

/var/run/utmp: No such file or directory

when exiting screen. -- Personally I'm not in desperate need for
these things to work (cleanly), I just thought you'd have
something up your sleeve concerning this.

Thanks.

\black\trash movie    _C O W B O Y_  _C A N O E_  _C O M A_
Ein deutscher Western/A German Western
-->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc.html
-->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc-en.html