Re: how to switch session as X window workspace?

From: Jesús Guerrero
Subject: Re: how to switch session as X window workspace?
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 20:48:09 +0200

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:16:00 -0500, Gerald Young <address@hidden>
wrote:
> On Thursday 24 September 2009 04:40:25 CHEN Cheng wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Is it possible to switch between sessions by pressing
>> Ctrl-Alt-Left or Ctrl-Alt-Right, like what we do in
>> Gnome (or KDE)?
>
> Hi Cheng,
>
> To use multiple screen sessions, I run a main screen session that inside

> contains windows running other screen sessions.

Or you could use "layouts", which are not well documented, but do
basically that. I've used them in the past but right now I have no example
on how to use them, the only thing I can do is to point you in that
direction. I don't know from which version they are included, so you might
need to use the lastest live code to be able to use layouts.

--
Jesús Guerrero