Re: how to switch session as X window workspace?

From: CHEN Cheng
Subject: Re: how to switch session as X window workspace?
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 09:48:25 +0800

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 08:40:48PM +0200, Yuki (aka Rubén Gómez) wrote:
> Hello everybody. That's my first mail :p
Hello, Yuki.

> > screen -e ^Ss -S main_session
> It doesn't work for me, but it works "screen -e ^Hh -S main_session".
> I'm not sure way. I'm using gnome-terminal in debian with the default
> /etc/screenrc and in my .screenrc I have:
> startup_message off
> caption always
> caption string "%{kw}%-w%{wr}%n %t%{-}%+w"

I googled it and find that ^Q and ^S are software flow control commands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_flow_control

David Keech has suggestion:
     If you want to stop ctrl-s and ctrl-q working at all, put this in
     your .profile (or.bash_profile or whatever you use):

     stty -ixon -ixoff

     You can also run "stty -a" to see a list of control characters
     that your terminal supports.

     <http://www.wolerized.com/?q=blog/remi-woler/unlocking-your-
      ssh-session-after-pressing-ctrl-s>

Maybe Gerald has disabled them so that he can use ^S in screen.

Best,
Cheng