Re: how to switch session as X window workspace?

From: CHEN Cheng
Subject: Re: how to switch session as X window workspace?
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 10:03:35 +0800

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 08:48:09PM +0200, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
> Or you could use "layouts", which are not well documented, but do
> basically that. I've used them in the past but right now I have no example
> on how to use them, the only thing I can do is to point you in that
> direction. I don't know from which version they are included, so you might
> need to use the lastest live code to be able to use layouts.

Thanks for the direction. I git cloned the newest screen source tree,
and read part of the code (comm.c, process.c).

It seems that the undocumented command `layout' has some arguments:
  layout new                        # to create a new layout
  layout title                      # to show the current layout title
  layout title "new title"          # to set the current layout title
  layout next
  layout prev
  layout select

But, in my tests later, I was not able to differentiate a layout from
a normal window.

Is there architectural documents about screen? It would be helpful if
someone wants to get a deeper view in a quick way.

Best,
Cheng