sketch-devel

Stacking order command implementation (was: TODO list)

From: Bernhard Herzog
Subject: Stacking order command implementation (was: TODO list)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:53:11 +0100

Bernhard Herzog <address@hidden> writes:

> "C. Ecker" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I ticked this with "(me)" because I already finished what I found in CVS
>> but certainly not very elegant. So please do it.
>
> I've just committed the main part of the duplicate command.  There's not
> much missing, really, except that it could be implemented more
> efficiently (worst case is current O(n**2) in the number of selected
> objects).

The performance enhancement is in CVS now.  It's now even faster than it
was in 0.6.

I've also worked on the rearrangement commands (move to top, move up,
etc) and deleting of objects.  Their reimplementations are in CVS as
well.  Their interface has changed in the same way as that of
DuplicateObjects: they take a simple list of objects now instead of that
unwieldy "infolist".  With the performance enhancements I checked in
today, they have also become faster than they were in 0.6.  Runtime for
all of them should be linear in the number of children of the compound
object, basically.

In the process of reworking those methods and improving their
performance, I removed the permute_objects method.  That was a somewhat
internal method, but it's one that derived classes may want to override
(and MaskGroup in fact does that).  I fixed MaskGroup accordingly, but
maybe someone has written a plugin object that overrides it too.  Is
there someone who did that?  Or someone who called that method?

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Skencil                                           http://skencil.org/