sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] SKS 1.1.0

From: Yaron Minsky
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] SKS 1.1.0
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 21:13:59 -0400

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Joseph Oreste Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:

2) I'm running my server as a stand-alone for the time being. I have "-disable_mailsync" and "-dontgossip" as command-line options.

After adding my first key, I start seeing this in the log:

2008-05-20 17:48:04 <mail transmit keys> error in callback.: Failure("No partners specified")
2008-05-20 17:48:14 <mail transmit keys> error in callback.: Failure("No partners specified")
2008-05-20 17:48:24 <mail transmit keys> error in callback.: Failure("No partners specified")

I checked how the value "send_mailsyncs" is used and it doesn't appear to be tested correctly in "dbserver.ml" on line 642. It doesn't appear to be checked at all near the code that produces the above error messages. I'm not at all familiar with the ocaml language, so I'm probably not reading this correctly.

This does appear to be busted.  In particular, the wrong feature is disabled.  It disables the loading of keys received by email, not the attempt to send keys by email.  I've put in a patch which I think fixes this in the hg repo.  Feel free to try it out.