sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Request for SKS gossip peers

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Request for SKS gossip peers
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 22:11:22 -0400

On 2012-09-05 at 20:37 -0400, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2012-09-05 at 11:33 +0200, Andreas Thulin wrote:
> > I have just set up a new keyserver and would like to peer with other
> > servers.
> >
> > Please add me to your 'membership' file with the following entry and
> > provide your details in return (to address@hidden) so I can do
> > the same:
> >
> > redundant.dyndns.org 11370 # Andreas Thulin 0x2C101354
>
> Is this server permanently online?  Having any teething troubles?
> Firewall?
>
> % curl -v http://redundant.dyndns.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats

Okay, I see the server up now, but it only has 6 keys, total, instead of
3.1 million keys.  This causes problems for your peers, because the
reconciliation protocol is not efficient given so great a discrepancy.

> It might be worth glancing at
>   https://bitbucket.org/skskeyserver/sks-keyserver/wiki/Peering
> and going over your setup to be sure things are working.  Looking at the
> /pks/lookup?op=stats page on your own server can be useful.

I *seriously* recommend that you take a look at that page and get a
keydump loaded.

Regards,
-Phil